Monday, July 26, 2010

Phone Calls

Last time I talked to you,
you kind of sounded blue
but you just said I love you and I'm fine
My heart told me so, you had alot on your mind
But you played it off with I love you and goodbye
Well it's been a few days, and my hearts crying for you
That you just might be hurting, somewhere out there
The thought of pain on you, there's nothing I can do
Miles and miles away
There's no other way
So I wait for that call, praying it will be so soon
Praying God to heal your wounds,
whatever it may be inside
that you were trying to hide
that day you called and I just knew
something was wrong with you
So I'm still waiting, and then I see you just called four times
But I missed your voice, I missed you hello, and I missed you say I love you
Please call back, I need to hear from you
I need to know that you're okay and what I can do
So I wait, and I wait, and I hate
that I missed those calls from you
Finally when I get our call
I pick up the phone and feel your wall
What's wrong with you
Please tell the truth
Don't hide from me
Open up and let me see
where you're hurting,
what you're thinking,
why your calling,
how your feeling,
what your needing,
talk to me.
It's catching up to you now
And let me tell you how
you're gonna be okay ...
With God above, and me by your side
We're gonna make it through any crazy ride
that life may take us through
I won't give up on you
I will stay right here
be right there
I'm going nowhere
but where you are - it's where my heart will stay
It's gonna be okay
Just keep talking, just keep seeking
just keep loving, just keep being - you!




It's so hard when you get those calls and it's been a hard day, week, month - and miles away there is nothing you can do or say. But promise that whatever happens, everything will be ok and you will be by his side every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment