Saturday, July 31, 2010

Waiting

The hardest thing about waiting are the times when something happens that he's the only one you need. To cry to, make you feel better, hold you, talk to, or just be in his presence. It's when you need to talk to him and you have no way to get a hold of him, so you wait. Hoping the phone will ring soon. That's when waiting is the hardest part.

How I get through it?

I think about the day I finally get to see him again. And this day is just right around the corner.
I think about how much he enjoys what he does, as much as we both hate him being away.
I think about his smile.
I reread his emails, playback his voicemails, and go through all of our pictures.
I write him letters, because I feel close to him when I write, knowing he will get it soon, or someday.
and I cry,
A lot!

And that's how I get through it, one day at a time.
I get through the hard times, knowing he'll be home soon and thinking of the hope of tomorrow and the hope of that day down the road where we will embrace each other again.

The wait is almost over, and I am more than thankful, more than blessed, and SO excited. Through this whole waiting experience, I just have to remind myself of how strong it is making both of us and our love. That if we can get through this, we can get through almost anything. Because the longer he is away - the more I miss him, the more I love him, and the more I cherish our love.

11 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment